Moro De Maiz(Rice & Corn)From dcruzarelli 4 years ago
- 4 Cups of long grain rice (i use canilla) shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cans of corn, drained of water shopping list
- 4 tbsp canola oil (divided) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tbsp of dominican condiment(see my recipe) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of recaito(see my recipe) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp of spanish all purpose seasoning(see my recipe or goya adobo will do fine) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp onion powder shopping list
- pinch of oregano shopping list
- 1 or 2 Pkgs of sazon goya w/ Culantro y Achiote(this imparts color & flavor) shopping list
- a few sprigs of cilantro leaves shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash & drain rice, set aside
- In a large pot over medium heat add 1 tbsp of oil
- To this oil add the tomato paste, condiment,recaito,seasonings,garlic powder,onion powder and pinch of oregano.
- Add in the 2 cans of drained corn and saute for several minutes
- To this mixture add the 4 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Raise the heat to medium high, add the washed rice and the sprigs of cilantro, stirring to coat the rice and bring to a boil; add the rest of the oil and cook until most of the water is absorbed.
- When the water is absorbed, stir the rice so that the rice from the bottom is on the top.
- Lower the heat to low, cover with aluminum foil and a tight fitting lid.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the rice is soft and fluffy.
- DO NOT remove cover as steam will escape and rice will not be cooked uniformly.
- When finished cooking give the rice one last turn in the pot and serve hot.
The Cookdcruzarelli 11214
- Not added to any groups yet!