Salted Vegetables Duck SoupFrom Yinhomemade 5 years ago
- 1/2 duck , cut into pieces shopping list
- 300g salted mustard green (best to use the type with less leaves) shopping list
- 4 pcs preserved sour plums shopping list
- 1 nutmeg seeds, cracked; use inner seed shopping list
- 3 tomatoes, quartered shopping list
- 5 slices old ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns shopping list
- 1 pc galangal (2 inches long) shopping list
How to make it
- Rub salt all over duck and rinse with water.
- Blanch the duck in boiling water until half cooked.
- Wash mustard greens, soak for 15 minutes, drain and cut into pieces.
- White peppercorns lightly smash.
- Bring to boil 2.5 litres of water in a pot, add all ingredients in.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the duck is tender.
- Remove any excess fat by skimming the surface of the soup with a spoon and adjust taste with salt if necessary.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!