Slow Cooker Carrot CakeFrom sarahjaneb 6 years ago
- olive oil cooking spray shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose spelt flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 Large egg white shopping list
- 1 tsp ground flax seed , mixed with 2 tsp h2o (this is what I mean by extra steps) shopping list
- 1/2 c raw organic honey (I substituted this half and half with my raw organic honey and raw agave nectar) shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (made my own applesauce by peeling and cutting up two apples into small chunks, adding a little bit of water, some raw maple syrup and cinnamon and brought to a boil and kept mashing , super easy and delicious ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or low-fat plain yogurt ( used regular milk with a little bit of lemon juice in it , or white vinegar can be used, like 1/4- 1/2 tsp) shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed grated carrots shopping list
- 1/3 cup cream cheese honey Drizzle shopping list
- cream cheese honey Drizzle shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain cream cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey shopping list
- 1 lemon, finely zested and juiced , divided shopping list
How to make it
- Spray dish that fits into slow cooker with cooking spray ( mine wouldn't fit in the bottom of my slow cooker , it kind of rested in the middle of the crock pot but it turned out ok , so I think it's ok)
- Place flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda ,and salt in a bowl and whisk lightly to combine .
- In seperate large bowl,combine egg white and flax water mixture and whisk until bubbles form. Add honey, applesauce , buttermilk, oil and vanilla and whisk until well blended . Stir in dry ingridents until just mixed, fold in carrorts and pour into prepared stoneware or baking dish.
- Cover entire top of slow cooker with three sheets of paper towel ( I used a tea towel) to catch extra condensation so the cake isn't too moist. Bake for two and a half hours or until knife inserted comes out dry. Remove and let cool
- Cream Cheese Drizzle
- In a small bowl, heat cream cheese on high in microwave until slightly warm, about 10 to 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and use rubber spatulla to stir honey into cream cheese until smooth. Add pinch of lemon zest and two teaspoons of lemon juice and continue to stir.Slowly add two tbs of H2O , a bit at a time, until mixture is consistency of thick cream. Taste topping and add more zest and juice if a more lemony taste is deired.
The Cooksarahjaneb Moncton, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!