Beef Stir FryFrom ambular1986 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds of stew beef cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 4 cups of cooked white rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock shopping list
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks of celery shopping list
- 1 pound of mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 green, red, and yellow bell peppers shopping list
- 1 can of baby corn on the cob shopping list
- 1 bunch of broccoli crowns shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 1 bag of frozen green beans shopping list
- 1 pound of snow peas shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- ginger shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- scallions shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine or dry sherry and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.Toss with your stew beef, cover and refrigerate for and hour.
- A half hour into the meat marinading start rice if using rice cooker
- Drain excess marinade from the beef. Place your sauce , vegetables, and , sauce by the stove
- Heat 3/4 inch peanut oil or vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.Add the beef: slowly stir to almost opaque...(This takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on your stove)Transfer to plate, discard the oil and wipe out the pan.
- Heat the pan over high heat , 1 to 2 minutes. Add tablespoons of oil, then 2 minced cloves of garlic. 1 to 2 tablespoons of minced ginger, 2 minced scallions and a pinch each of salt and sugar: stir fry for about 30 seconds.Add the vegetables, starting with the ones that take the longest to cook; stir fry until crisp-tender.
- Add the beef and sauce and stir until the sauce is thick and the vegetables and beef are cooked through about 3 minutes.
- Thin with chicken stock, if needed, Garnish with sliced scallions, peanuts, sesame seeds, sl;iced jalapenos and or cilantro
The Cookambular1986 Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!