Key Lime PieFrom nazafox 6 years ago
- 300g. / 10.5 oz. Digestive biscuits shopping list
- 100g. / 3.5oz. Melted Butter shopping list
- 3 tablepoons of Castor Sugar shopping list
- 300g / 10.5 oz. Soft Cheese (Philadelphia is best) shopping list
- 200m. / 0.85 of a cup Double Cream (low fat and zero fat don't work) shopping list
- Juice of 3 Limes shopping list
- Zest of two Limes shopping list
- Chocolate shavings shopping list
How to make it
- Line the bottom of a loose bottomed 12" x 5" rectangular cake tin or 10" round cake tin and lightly grease the sides
- Put the biscuits in a food processor, pulse until you have a fine crumb, tip into a bowl, stir in the melted butter and spread into the prepared cake tin, firmly pressing down. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- To make the filling, mix the sugar, lime juice and lime zest and whisk until the sugar has dissolved, then add the soft cheese and lightly fold into he lime, whisk the double cream then fold into the cheese and lime mix. Spoon over the biscuit base and return to the fridge for an hour or until set.
- Before serving take a bar of chocolate and with a potato peeler, grate chocolate over the top, finishing with a little extra lime zest and enjoy.
- Can also be made with gnger biscuits or amaretti biscuits in the base.
- Can also be made with lemons or oranges, but reduce fruit quantity from 3 to 2.
The Cooknazafox Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!