Pot Roasted Eggplant With Tomatoes And CuminFrom doreenfish 3 years ago
- 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
- 1 cup drained ,canned , diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 tbsps olive oil shopping list
- 3 tbsps chopped parsley shopping list
- 3 tbsps chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- pinch of cayenne shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a cast iron frying pan over med-high heat. Prick the eggplant & put in pan...cover and cook until charred on the outside...about 40 mins.
- Transfer the eggplant to a colander and set in the sink. Using a sharp knife split the eggplant length wise and let it drain about 10 mins.
- Scrape flesh into a bowl discarding skin and seeds. Mash to a pulp and transfer to a large skillet. Mix all together with the rest of the ingredients and cook until all liquid is gone. Season with lemon juice and s/p.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers. french bread is good too.
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!