Gingered Pork ChopsFrom danawitczak 6 years ago
- 2 1.5-2 inch thick boneless pork chops shopping list
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 chopped shallot shopping list
- 1-2 tsp. grated fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine (I love using a sauvignon blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand, such as Secret Stone, Monkey Bay or oyster Bay) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pat pork dry and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown each side (about 2 min per side). Move pork to a plate.
- Add the shallot and ginger to the skillet for 30-60 seconds. Add pork, water, wine and lemon or lime juice. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer pork to dinner plates.
- Bring sauce to a boil and cook until slightly thickened. Stir in butter and pour over pork chops.
The Cookdanawitczak Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Not added to any groups yet!