Spicy Pasta / Pizza SauceFrom monik 5 years ago
- 1/2 kilo fresh tomato shopping list
- 1 pack of tomato puree shopping list
- 1 tin of roughly chopped tomato shopping list
- 1 small onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic shopping list
- a sprig of fresh thyme, majoram, oregano ( if fresh not avialable use dry 1 teaspoon of each ) shopping list
- few leaves of basil shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp of chilly flakes (opt.) or as per taste shopping list
- salt n pepper shopping list
- a dash of sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a non stick cooking deep pan n add diced fresh tomatoes and tin roughly chopped tomatoes with onion n garlic add a pinch of salt and let take one boil or cook for 8-10 min on medium heat crush the tomatoes if needed at this stage.
- Then add tomato puree with all the herbs , chilly flakes , a dash sugar n pepper ... stir in well n cover it and let it cook for next 15 min it will take atleast 3-4 boil .. the reason i asked to take a deep pan as tomato sauce boils it starts falling out of the pan n makes the kitchen dirty.
- Turn of the stove n let it cool down n then add olive oil .
- This sauce can be used for pasta as well as pizza. Can be stored in an air tight container or at top of sauce add 1 inch thick olive oil n close the cap tight so that air dont pass thru the oil
- Enjoy !!!! :)
- Tip : Always try not to cook olive oil as cooked olive oil makes the food heavy n kills the taste of real olive oil...Add it at the end of the cooking
- Try to have some herbs planted in ur kitchen as its more natural safe n economical ...
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!