Semi-Homemade Fruit Cream Cake (Crema De Fruta)From sugarmama 3 years ago
- 1 round store-bought angel food cake shopping list
- CREAM FILLING: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cake flour shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups fresh milk shopping list
- 5 eggyolks shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- GELATIN: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice ( use drained juice from fruit cocktail & shopping list
- add enough pineapple juice to make 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons Calamansi or lemon juice shopping list
- 1 29 ounce can fruit cocktail or peaches, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Cut Angel Food Cake into 1/2 inch thick square pieces. See Photo
- Cover pieces with cling wrap & set aside ( it is important to cover cake 'coz easily dries up) See Photo
- PREPARE CREAM FILLING :
- Blend all the ingredients for the cream filling together in a saucepan
- or double boiler. Stir over the fire until it thickens & coats the back of a wooden spoon See Photo. Remove from fire & cool. Set aside.
- PREPARE GELATIN:
- Blend all the ingredients for gelatin except the fruit cocktail in a double boiler & cook for about 10 minutes or until all the sugar has completely dissolved. Allow to cool.
- TO ASSEMBLE CAKE:
- Arrange a 1st layer of cut cake pieces on the pan. See Photo
- Spread half of the cream filling over the cake.
- Top with some fruits.
- Arrange another layer of cake pieces on top of fruits then spread the rest of the cream filling.
- Arrange the remaining fruit cocktail decoratively over the cream filling.
- Cover with gelatin. Chill until set.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sugarmama Chicago, IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksugarmama Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!