Stir-fried Chicken With Broccoli, Water Chestnuts, PeppersFrom blut88erhe 3 years ago
- * 3 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons minced ginger shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons minced green onion bottoms shopping list
- * 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- * 1 cup julienne red bell peppers shopping list
- * 1/2 cup water chestnuts shopping list
- * 3 cups blanched broccoli florets shopping list
- * 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil shopping list
- * 3/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- * 4 teaspoons cornstarch slurry shopping list
- * salt and pepper shopping list
- * steamed rice, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- With almost all stir fry recipes, it's always good to have all the ingredients handy and diced/minced prior to heating the wok. Also, this would be a good time to start/make the rice this will be served on.
- Set wok over high heat and add the peanut oil. Be sure to swirl the wok to get the oil to coat most of the pan.
- Once the oil smokes, quickly add the garlic, ginger, green onions and chicken to the wok. Saute, stirring continuously until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add the red peppers and saute for another 1 minute.
- Add the water chestnuts and broccoli and saute for another minute.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and reduce heat to medium high for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, cornstarch-slurry* and season with salt and pepper. Use a paddle to toss the ingredients and be sure that the stock comes to a boil.
- Cook at a boil for 2 to 3 minutes, before serving over steamed rice.
- * I find its always easier to mix the cornstarch with a splash of cold water, then add it to the batch. If you add the starch to a hot liquid it will clump up.
The Cookblut88erhe Orange, Ca
- Not added to any groups yet!