Curried Sausages (Best I Have Ever Had!)From SportzChick06 5 years ago
- 12 sausages shopping list
- 3/4 cup of sultanas shopping list
- 2 medium sized red onions shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- 1 red pepper shopping list
- 1 heaped desert spoon of Empire mild curry shopping list
- 1 heaped desert spoon of brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup of baby frozen peas shopping list
- 3/4 cup of frozen kernals of corn shopping list
- OPTIONAL - 2 stalks of celery shopping list
- OPTIONAL - 2 cups of button musrooms ( halved ) shopping list
- 1 tin (450g) pineapple pieces shopping list
- flour (enough for thickening) shopping list
- rice (enough to serve alongside the curry) shopping list
How to make it
- Using at least a 4 litre saucepan boil sausages until cooked, then remove skins and slice into even pieces. Place sliced sausages in saucepan with enough water to cover sausages by approx. 3cm. Add sultanas, carrots, corn, onions and mushrooms (make sure the vegetables have been cut into chunky portions) and bring to simmer.
- Quarter of an hour before serving, add frozen peas, curry powder and sugar (Note: Curry varies, so test taste. You want it to be preferably on the hot side, as thickening reduces curry flavour). 5 minutes before serving add the celery, red pepper and pineapple as these should be semi crisp. Finally add thickening using either:
- - flour and water (if you are saving some of the meal for next day), or,
- - cornflour and water (if you are serving the entire meal in one sitting).
- For accompaning on the side, purchase 500g boil in a bag of Uncle Bens long grained rice allowing half a bag for each serving and boil in salted water for 20 mins. Arrange rice around periphery of plate when ready, with curried sausages in centre.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- SportzChick06 Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookSportzChick06 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!