Jelly SliceFrom iamskippy 2 years ago
- 1 tray - 11" x 7" or 270mm x 170mm no more than 30mm deep. shopping list
- 1 packet of Australian "Nice Biscuits" pronounced Neece. The French made a similar biscuit called."Faux Nice biscuits" shopping list
- 170g margarine shopping list
- 1 can 395g of sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup squeezed lemon shopping list
- 1 level dessert-spoon gelatine shopping list
- 1/4 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 sachet of jelly - you choose the colour. shopping list
- 1 cup of boiling water for jelly. shopping list
- DO NOT ALTER RECEIPE OR IT WILL FAIL. shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1
- Crush "Nice biscuits" with a rolling pin
- melt 170g margarine in saucepan
- Mix biscuits and melted margarine together with a wooden spoon in a bowl. You will think this will not work - it will.
- Place mixture in the tray. Smooth it down to make it even as a base for the slice.
- Put the tray with biscuit mixture in the fridge. IMPORTANT :- allow to set in fridge till hard.
- Step 2
- In a bowl, mix 1 can sweetened condensed milk with 1/2 cup squeezed lemon
- Add 1 level dessert-spoon Gelatine, melted down in 1/4 cup boiling water
- Let it cool a bit before blending it with the condensed milk mixture.
- IMPORTANT :- Wait until set on top of biscuit mixture in fridge.
- Step 3
- Make a strawberry jelly (or one to your taste) with 1 cup boiling water.
- Let cool. Pour as the last step. Allow to set in the fridge.
- Sometimes you can fit another jelly on top after the first jelly has set.