Lamb TanjineFrom Parfait 3 years ago
- 1 boned lamb shoulder, cut into 3cm chunks shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 3 onions, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 lemon cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 300ml vegetable or chicken stock shopping list
- 50g whole blanched almonds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a cast-iron casserole, pan fry the lamb in the oil until golden. Over moderate heat, add the garlic, onion and spices to the pan and continue to cook and stir for 10-15 minutes. Then add the lemon, honey and stock.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and place in the oven at 140C for 1 hour. Then stir in the toasted almonds. Serve in traditional tajine dishes if you have them.
- I serve with warm crusty bread and my jewelled cous cous (recipe to follow)
The CookParfait My Kitchen, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!