Breakfast Bread And Butter PuddingFrom staccato 5 years ago
- 12 slices bread, crusts removed & lightly buttered shopping list
- 1 glug olive oil, for frying shopping list
- 3 chorizo sausages, or other spicy sausages, cut into chunks shopping list
- 250 grams brown mushrooms shopping list
- 300 grams vine tomatoes, or cocktail tomatoes shopping list
- 1 pinch salt and milled pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 4 extra large eggs, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Spray a 20 - 25cm ovenproof dish with a non stick agent or use butter
- Cut bread into triangles and overlap slightly in dish
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan and lightly fry chorizo and mushrooms
- Scatter over bread and allow to fall between slices
- Dot with tomatoes, season and sprinkle with thyme
- Beat milk and eggs together and pour over bread. Allow to stand for 10 minutes or until bread soaks up liquid.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until egg has set. Serve.
The Cookstaccato Grahamstown, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!