Adobo Seasoned Chicken & RiceFrom lena519 5 years ago
- adobo seasoning shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- chicken and rice shopping list
- adobo seasoning, recipe above shopping list
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin, cut in 1/2 shopping list
- 4 chicken breasts, with skin, cut in 1/2 lengthwise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large spanish onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced shopping list
- About 1/3 cup tomato powder or 1 to 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cups long-grain rice shopping list
- 4 3/4 cups homemade chicken stock shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas (not thawed) shopping list
- 3/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives shopping list
- 3/4 cup pitted picholine olives shopping list
- Freshly chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
- Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- Finely chopped fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- fresh lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the salt, granulated garlic, cumin, granulated onion, paprika, black pepper, turmeric and oregano in a small bowl.
- 1. Season both sides of the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and then season with the adobo seasoning mixture.
- 2. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Place the chicken in the oil skin side down, in batches, if necessary, and saute until golden brown. Turn the chicken over and cook until the second side is golden brown. Remove the chicken to into a separate pot, cover and allow to cook through and keep warm.
- 3. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of oil from the pan and place back over high heat. Add the onions, green and red peppers and cook until soft. Add the tomato powder, garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 4. Add the rice to the pan, stir to coat the rice in the mixture and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Stir well, cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5. After 10 minutes add the peas to the pot, cover and continue cooking until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let sit 5 minutes covered. Remove the lid, fluff the rice and gently fold in the olives, cilantro, parsley, oregano and squeeze of lime juice. Add the chicken and stir to combine.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- materialgirlwny Lockport, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklena519 Kitchener, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!