Sage Bread DressingFrom danawitczak 2 years ago
- 3-2 days before making, begin drying out your bread. If in a pinch, place bread slices on a plate and use your fridge or oven to help dry out. shopping list
- 1.5 cups Crisco (or margarine) shopping list
- 1.5 cups onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 quarts bread, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (you can use whatever bread you like. I use half white, half wheat.) shopping list
- 3 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1.5 tsp dried sage shopping list
- 12 tbls parsley, chopped shopping list
- 6 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 12 tbls milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a frying pan, brown crisco, onions and celery. Let cool.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend together with hands, until everything is soaked into the bread.
- If you plan to stuff a bird, make at least 1 cup of stuffing per pound of bird and cook in the bird until bird is done.
- If cooking seperatly, form into a shallow mound in a baking dish and cook until the top is golden (30-45 minutes)- test by slicing out a small wedge to see if cooked through. When done, it will still be moist, but it will not be 'mushy' from the egg and milk.
The Cookdanawitczak Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Not added to any groups yet!