Chocolate Almond Macaroon BarsFrom fattening_up 5 years ago
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs shopping list
- 6 tbs butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 6 tbs powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces) shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups MOUNDS sweetened coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 cup sliced almonds (toasted is optional) shopping list
- 1 cup HERSHEY's dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY's premier white chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 13X9X2-in baking pan.
- 2. Combine crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a large bowl. Firmly press crumb mixture on bottom of prepared pan. Stir together sweetened condensed milk, coconut, and almonds in a large bowl, mixing well. Carefully drop mixture by spoonfuls over crust; spread evenly.
- 3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until coconut edges just begin to brown. Cool.
- 4. Place chocolate chips and whipping cream in medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM for 1 minute; stir. If needed, microwave an extra 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool until slightly thickened; spread over cooled bars.
- 5. Sprinkle top with white chips. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until thoroughly chilled. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
The Cookfattening_up South San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!