Bombay Lentil Masala ( Spicy Brown Lentils)From monik 3 years ago
- 1 tea cup of brown lentils soaked at least for 2 hours or over night shopping list
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil shopping list
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium size tomatoe finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp of yogurt shopping list
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 1tbsp of red chilly powder shopping list
- 1 bay leave shopping list
- 1 tsp of tumeric shopping list
- 1 tbsp of cummin powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp of corriander powder shopping list
- 1tsp of garam masala powder shopping list
- 1 tsp of black pepper powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of asafoetida (opt) shopping list
- 1- 2 green chilly ( opt) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- few leaves of spare mint and corriander leaves shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups of water shopping list
How to make it
- In a pressure cooker heat oil saute onions till they are soft add ginger garlic paste along with tomatoes and cook for 3 mins .... then add all the spices along with mint leaves .... cook the spices till oil starts leaving n a lovely aroma arises ....
- Now add the lentils and mix well along with salt .... add yogurt n mix it n then add water ... cook for another 5-6 mins on high flame .... let it get one boil.....
- Now if u like u can add chillies n close the pressure cooker .... cook for next 5-7 mins depending ur pressure cooker.... once pressure down open n garnish with corriander leaves
- Serve to with steamed boil rice n onion pickle ....
- Ready !!!!
- Enjoy ....:-P
- Tip :
- U can always add carrots to this but in Indian we dont add carrots...
- If remained next day just cook on a low flame till all the mositure is absorbed but keep stiring in btw so that it doesnt stick on the bottom and can be eaten with bread n salad ....
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!