Spicy Semolina CakeFrom sk00bz 2 years ago
- 165g/6oz semolina shopping list
- 125ml/4½fl oz plain yoghurt shopping list
- 125ml/4½fl oz water shopping list
- two handfuls frozen peas, defrosted shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped onion shopping list
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated shopping list
- handful fresh or frozen (defrosted) green beans, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh ginger, peeled and crushed shopping list
- ¾-1 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- ½ tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- salt, to taste (season well) shopping list
- 3 tbsp oil, plus extra for greasing shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard seeds shopping list
- ½ tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and oil a loaf tin.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the semolina, yoghurt, water, vegetables, ginger, chilli powder, turmeric and salt to make a fairly thick batter.
- - Taste and adjust with more salt or spices if necessary.
- 3. Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the mustard, cumin and sesame seeds and cook, stirring frequently, for 20 seconds, or until the mustard seeds have popped and the cumin and sesame seeds are aromatic. Stir the seeds and oil into the batter. If the batter is too thick, add a splash of
- 4. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda and immediately pour the mixture into the tin. Transfer to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown. It's ready when a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and become crisp in the tin.
- 5. Serve in wedges, either on its own or with green chutney.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sk00bz Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksk00bz Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!