Mushroom Sandwich, Anyone?From melandjoythelunchclub 5 years ago
- 1 clove of garlic (minced) shopping list
- fresh parsley (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1 onion (chopped) shopping list
- 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 cup of sliced Crimini mushrooms (I am sure you can use different kinds, Crimini works best for me) shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon goat cheese shopping list
- 1 egg (Over Easy) shopping list
- Splash of wine (white or red) shopping list
- 1 piece of bread (Your choice, but I found that the thicker, the better) shopping list
How to make it
- Visit our blog at www.melandjoythelunchclub.wordpress.com for more of our recipes.
- It sounds a bit strange but my husband and I had this in Amsterdam and I have been making it ever since.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (I think our maximum is 250C do you guys have a different temperature to us?).
- Put a saute pan on medium-low heat. Let the pan get hot before adding your olive oil.
- Then, add your onion, garlic, butter, salt & pepper.
- After a minute or so, add your mushrooms and let this mixture heat up together until you see the water extract from the mushrooms. This usually happens in 3-5 minutes.
- During this 3-5 minutes, spread the goat cheese onto your bread and put the bread in the oven for 3-5 minutes. You are just melting the cheese a little so it shouldn’t take long.
- The water from the mushrooms should have evaporated by now and this is when you add your wine and turn your heat on low. Keep the pan uncovered and let the wine slowly cook down to nothing! This should take about 10 minutes.
- While you wait for your wine to disappear, remove your bread and start to fry your egg over easy.
- Once the wine is gone, put the mushroom mixture over your bread and cheese and top it with fresh parsley.
- Now you can put your egg over easy on top and enjoy!
The Cookmelandjoythelunchclub Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!