Lasagna SoupFrom violetart 3 years ago
- 2 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 white onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced shopping list
- 2 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp. basil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup mini farfalle pasta shopping list
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella shopping list
- water shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- add the diced onions and saute' until softened.
- add the garlic, red pepper, oregano and saute together for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and saute until the paste turns brownish, about 3-4 minutes.
- add the tomatoes with their juice
- add the chicken broth
- add the tomato sauce
- add the two bay leaves
- stir mixture well
- turn up the heat and bring to a boil
- reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- during this time, add the sugar
- add a little water if soup is too thick
- after thirty minutes, add the mini farfalle pasta to soup
- increase heat to medium high so the noodles will cook.
- when pasta is done, discard bay leaves from soup
- stir in the basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- when serving, add 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese on top
- sprinkle with shredded mozzerella and parmesan cheese
The Cookvioletart Bartlett, TN
- Not added to any groups yet!