Spicy Tangy Chickpeas (chole)From nirupamas 3 years ago
- garbanzo beans/chickpeas 2 15-ounce cans shopping list
- onion, finely chopped - 1 small shopping list
- tomato, finely chopped - 1 small shopping list
- potato, chopped - 1 small shopping list
- tomato paste- 1 tbsp shopping list
- olive oil - 1 tbsp shopping list
- water (as needed) shopping list
- paprika - 1 tsp shopping list
- white pepper - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- curry powder - 2 tsp shopping list
- cumin - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp [optional] shopping list
- Red Chillies dried - 2 (optional) shopping list
- salt (as needed) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oil in a pot; add cumin and mustard and wait until the mustard pops. Roughly tear the red chillies into pieces and add to pot.
- 2. Add onions first and let them cook a bit. Then add tomatoes and potatoes and cook for a couple of minutes. A little water may be added to avoid food sticking to the pot.
- 3. Add chickpeas, tomate puree, remaining spices and salt. Now add enough water to cover the chickpeas (about 3/4 cup).
- 4. Cook in high heat for a few minutes until the mixture begins to boil and then reduce to medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until chickpeas are done.
The Cooknirupamas Sunnyvale, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!