Stuffed PeppersFrom Kokopelli 3 years ago
- 4 large green bell peppers shopping list
- 1 1/2 t canola oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground turkey shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice shopping list
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce, divided shopping list
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 t salt (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 t freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut out stem ends of bell peppers and discard. Scoop out seeds. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large pot and blanch the peppers until tender-crisp, about a minute. Drain and cool under cold running water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add turkey and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, just until it loses its pink color, about 2 minutes. Drain the fat.
- Transfer the turkey mixture to a medium bowl and mic in rice, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper. Stuff the peppers with the mixture and place them in a 2-quart casserole dish. Spoon the remaining 1/2 cup tomato sauce over the peppers. Cover and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, 30 to 35 minutes.
The CookKokopelli Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!