Apple Cranberry Brown BettyFrom wylddwoman 5 years ago
- 8 c. granny smith apples shopping list
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries (rinsed) shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2/3 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c. flour shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter (4 Tbsp) shopping list
- 9" x 13" baking dish shopping list
How to make it
For the Brown Betty topping:
- Soften the butter at room temperature for an hour.
- Combine the butter, flour and brown sugar and mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside.
For apple cranberry filling:
- Peel, core and slice the apples into roughly 1/2 inch wedges (or thinner if you want a softer filling).
- Toss the apples in the lemon juice as you cut them so they do not brown.
- Hand mix the apples, cranberries and sugar together until coated.
Bringing the magic together:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the filling in a 9" x 13" baking dish and cover evenly with the brown betty topping.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- wylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!