White Chili Base For Any MeatFrom wylddwoman 3 years ago
- 2, 15 oz. cans cannellini (white kidney) beans shopping list
- 1 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 to 2 lbs any meat you want shopping list
- 1 medium to large onion (any type), diced chunky shopping list
- 3 strips bacon (optional) shopping list
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic (pressed) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or less if desired) shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 4 quart Crockpot/slow cooker shopping list
- Skillet shopping list
How to make it
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the beans and put into slow cooker.
- Heat the chicken broth in the microwave until hot, but not boiling, and add to the slowcooker. Turn cooker to “high.”
- Fry the bacon in skillet, (if utilizing) and put the whole cooked strips into the cooker.
- Brown the meat (if not already cooked), and add to cooker.
- In the olive oil, sauté the garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add the dry seasonings, mix thoroughly, and cook another 3 mins.
- Add entire contents of skillet to the slow cooker and leave on high for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove bacon, or break apart and keep in the chili.
- Add hot sauce and white cheddar cheese to taste when served.
- For lower fat content, drain fat from skillet after frying bacon and browning meat.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- wylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!