Crispy Carmelized Pearl OnionsFrom wylddwoman 5 years ago
- 10 oz. pouch white pearl onions shopping list
- 6 to 8 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp season salt (your favorite) shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 2-quart saucepan shopping list
- Medium to large non-stick fry pan or skillet shopping list
How to make it
- Bring half a pot of water to a boil in the saucepan, and par boil the onions, skins on, for 3 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process, cut the ends off the onions and remove the outer skin.
- Mix together the season salt, garlic and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut each onion in half through the center (not length-wise), dip the cut side lightly into the seasoning mix, and set on a plate.
- In the fry pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until a drop of water thrown in the oil sizzles wildly. Make sure the oil covers the entire bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Place all of the onions cut side down in the oil.
- Saute, unmoved, checking them periodically, until the side touching the pan is deep brown and crispy. (About 10+ minutes.)
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- wylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!