White Clam Sauce With PastaFrom lcarol 2 years ago
- 2 cans baby clams, drained, reserving juice shopping list
- 1 c. parsley sprigs, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 c. bottled clam juice shopping list
- 3 T. white wine or to taste shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan Reggiano, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet and cook onion till almost transparent.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes or till transparent.
- Add reserved clam juice from baby clams, bottled clam juice and wine.
- Taste-test and add salt if needed and add freshly ground pepper. (I use pepper liberally.)
- Add parsley and clams and heat over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Don't boil or clams will toughen and sauce will become 'sludgy'.
- Serve over pasta of choice.
- Pass grated cheese if using at the table.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- lcarol Hamilton, Canada
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklcarol Hamilton, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!