Blackcurrant And Orange CakeFrom janetwro 4 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 250 ml unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 500 g granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 675 g plain flour, plus extra shopping list
- 1 tsp mixed spice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 500 g fresh or frozen blackcurrants shopping list
- 1 Tbsp grated orange peel shopping list
- 250 ml sour cream shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 50ml orange juice shopping list
- 50g granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 22cm (3 liter) tube pan and preheat the oven to 170C (325F or gas mark 3).
- Cream the softened butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the blackcurrants and orange peel, then toss with a small amount of flour to coat.
- Stir half the flour mixture into the butter and sugar, then stir in half the sour cream. Stir in the remaining flour, then the rest of the sour cream. Fold the blackcurrants and orange peel into the batter.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the cake has come away from the sides of the pan, springs back lightly when touched, and a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack.
- For the glaze: Near the end of the cake's baking time, heat orange juice and sugar together in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- After the cake comes out of the oven, but While it is still warm, use a skewer to make about holes in the cake. Drizzle orange syrup over the cake and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or freeze.
The Cookjanetwro Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!