Spicy Italian Sausage With Large ShellsFrom gabysegalla 5 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Cut up each of the sausages into 4 or 5 bite size pieces.
- 2. Brown over medium-high heat.
- 3. While the sausage is cooking, start bringing the pasta water to a boil in a large pot (add some olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking - this is especially important for shells).
- 3. In a small pot, add the "mostly-done" sausage to the sauce, and simmer (until the pasta is done).
- 4. Add the box of large shells to the large, rapidly boiling pot, and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Strain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- 6. Stir in the sauce and sausage mixture.
- 7. Serve with a nice helping of your favorite cheese :)