Potato SoupFrom Thetasteofhomemadecooking 5 years ago
- 3 medium red potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepan. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Set aside potatoes. Measure 1 cup cooking liquid, adding water, if necessary ; set aside.
- Peel and finely chop onion. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion to saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown.
- Add flour to saucepan; season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk and sugar to onion mixture in saucepan; stir well. Add cheese and ham. Simmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.
The CookThetasteofhomemadecooking Dalls, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!