Red And Yellow Roasted Beet SaladFrom POTAGE 1 year ago
- 1 pound red beets shopping list
- 1 pound yellow beets shopping list
- 5 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fine ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 1 teaspoons minced fresh dill shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons orange honey shopping list
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar shopping list
- 6 cups baby greens or mesclum shopping list
- 1 Asian pear shopping list
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (Crumbled) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Place the rack in the middle of the oven and pre-heat to 400F.
- Trim, wash and peel the beets. Place the beets into a bowl. Wash the fresh thyme and parsley. Dry the herbs with a paper towel. Finely chop the herbs. Place the herbs into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon fine ground black pepper to the beets. Toss the beets well and place them on a sheet pan. Roast the beets at 350F for about 1 1/2 hours or until the beets are tender.
- In a saute pan melt the butter and toast the almonds. Place the almonds on a paper towel and set aside.
- In a small bowl add minced dill, minced shallots, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon hot water, orange honey, raspberry vinegar and whisk the dressing. Slowly wisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil into the dressing. Reseason the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash, core and slice the Asian Pear very thin.
- Assemble the salad:
- Place the baby greens on chilled salad plates. Divide the beets and place over the greens. Place slices of Asian pear, toasted almonds and crumbled feta cheese on top of the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the salad to finish.
- Garnish the salad with chopped cilantro.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- POTAGE Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookPOTAGE Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!