Loaded Pumpkin MuffinsFrom bakingoutsidethebox 3 years ago
- Muffin batter: shopping list
- 2 cups Muffin Mix shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice* shopping list
- 1 cup canned or fresh-cooked & pureed pumpkin shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk** shopping list
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips shopping list
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped shopping list
- Graham-crumble Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup Muffin Mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, finely crushed (4 full-sized crackers) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, soft or melted shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line muffin tin with 12 baking cups and spray with baking spray.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, stir Muffin Mix and pumpkin pie spice together. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium-size bowl, mix the wet ingredients; pumpkin, eggs, oil, and buttermilk.
- 4. Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Stir till just mixed.
- 5. Pour in the white chocolate chips and the pecans and stir until well distributed throughout the batter.
- 6. Dollop generous 1/4 cup of batter into each of the twelve baking cups. Set aside.
- 7. In a small bowl combine crumble-topping ingredients.
- 8. Sprinkle and lightly pat topping over the 12 muffins.
- 9. Bake for 18-20minutes. 12 muffins.
- Variations: Omit the white chocolate chips and pecans and try, chocolate chips and walnuts or dried cranberries and pecans with 1 T. orange zest, replacing buttermilk with 4 T. orange juice concentrate.
- Cook’s Secret:
- *MYO Pumpkin pie spice: in a small dish combine: 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. ginger, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and a pinch of cloves.
- **No buttermilk? add 1 tsp. vinegar to 1/4 cup milk for an easy replacement.
The Cookbakingoutsidethebox South Jordan, Utah
- Not added to any groups yet!