Roasted-potato CasseroleFrom mdyoung 3 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs (1.1 kg) unpeeled, thin-skinned potatoes (red or white) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp each freshly ground black-pepper, paprika, and dried thyme shopping list
- 1 can (10 oz/284 ml) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill or fresh parsley (I just used dried dill weed) shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed shredded light old (sharp) cheddar cheese (2 oz/57 g) shopping list
- 1 green onion shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks and place in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Add onions, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme and mix well. Roast potatoes for 30 minutes, stirring once, halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together soup, Parmesan cheese, and dill. Pour over potatoes. Mix well. Sprinkle grated cheddar on top, followed by green onion. Return potatoes to oven and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and potatoes are golden brown around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- (Reference- Janet & Greta Podleski, Eat, Shrink & Be Merry)