Basic Vegan Ground BeefFrom Cad021 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup TVP shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups water shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos or soy sauce, divided shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- couple shakes liquid smoke, optional shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place dry TVP in a skillet and cover with water and about 2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos or soy sauce. The water should completely submerge the TVP.
- 2. Cook over low-medium heat until the water is completely absorbed. Add the oil, seasonings, remaining Bragg's, and liquid smoke, if desired.
- 3. Fry over low-medium heat until the chunks are firm and the mixture resembles ground beef. Stir occasionally to make sure that it cooks evenly and does not stick.
- The same method should work for any amount of TVP, just keep in mind that it will double/triple in size once the water is added.
The CookCad021 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!