Tofu TacosFrom Cad021 3 years ago
- 1/2 onion, chopped, or 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 small bell pepper, diced (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, crumbled (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon each: cumin and dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 6 corn tortillas shopping list
- garnish: lettuce, onions, tomatoes, salsa, and avocado, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the tofu, chili powder, yeast, cumin, oregano, and soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the tomato sauce and simmer over low heat until the mixture is fairly dry.
- Heat the tortillas in a heavy, ungreased skillet, turning each from side to side until soft and pliable. Place a small amount of the tofu mixture in the center of each tortilla, fold in half, and garnish, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Cad021 Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookCad021 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!