Low Fat Chicken Tomato SoupFrom justforthefunofcooking 3 years ago
- 2 medium uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts - diced shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- chicken broth – low fat/low sodium shopping list
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium size carrot - diced shopping list
- 1 medium size parsnip - diced shopping list
- 1 cup cabbage - shredded shopping list
- ½ small turnip - diced shopping list
- ½ onion - diced shopping list
- ¼ cup barley shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic - diced shopping list
- ½ tsp italian seasoning shopping list
- ¼ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp dried chilli peppers shopping list
- ½ tsp celery salt shopping list
- ½ tsp indian masala shopping list
How to make it
- Use a sauce pan and fry chicken, onions, garlic and chilli peppers in olive oil until chicken is slightly brown.
- Add vegetables and enough chicken broth to generously cover the chicken and vegetables; heat until boiling; add diced tomatoes and spices. Bring mixture to boil and simmer until vegetables are cooked to your taste, 20 - 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls; top with shredded parmesan and fresh parsley; serve Melba toast on the side.
- Please note:
- Spices can vary depending on your preference. I personally find the cinnamon adds a wonderful contrast to this tomato based dish.
The Cookjustforthefunofcooking Summerside, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!