Barley and Red Pepper CasseroleFrom jontyh 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 large onion, choppped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley shopping list
- 4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 tsp Worcestershire shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 red pepper, in strips shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Cook onion & garlic until soft. Add barley, broth, Worcestershire, bay leaf and thyme.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes until barley is tender. Add salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Stir in red pepper & celery. Spoon in to 6 cup (1.5 L) casserole.
- Refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Bring casserole to room temperature. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring once.
The Cookjontyh Mississauga, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!