Potato N Green Peas PilafFrom monik 4 years ago
- 2 cups of basmati rice soaked for at least 30 mins shopping list
- 1 large potato peeled n cut into small pieces shopping list
- 100 gms of green peas ( frozen can be used ) shopping list
- 2 green chillies roughly chopped ( can use u more or less as per taste) shopping list
- Dry hot spice shopping list
- 1 small stick of cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cloves shopping list
- 1 black cardamon shopping list
- 1 tsp of cummin seeds shopping list
- 1 bay leave shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of tumeric powder shopping list
- 1 tsp of red chilly powder shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 2 tbsp of oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice shopping list
- Some corriander or mint leaves to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Take the black cardamon n peel it remove the seeds from inside ... the seeds what's needed here ...
- In a mortar pestle add cardamon seeds cinnamon and cloves just make a fine powder of it ... u can also use coffee bean grinder for this process . Cover the dry hot spice powder to preserve aroma
- Now in a pressure cooker heat the oil add Cummin seeds and let it carckle add the bay leave ginger garlic paste n green chillies stir for a minute or so
- Add dry hot spice powder along with tumeric n red chilly powder stir n add 2 tbsp of water ... now add the vegetable and mix everything well cook for 5 min n then add soaked rice blend well all the ingredients and add enuff water to cover the rice which is 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water add salt stir one more time n close the lid of the pressure cooker ...
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or 3 whistle blow ....If u have a rice cooker just cook the above process in a pan and then add it to rice cooker n cook for minimum 5-8 minutes .... once cooker is ready to open just add 1 tbsp of lemon juice n mix it slowly in to rice garnish with corriander leaves or mint leave ... serve it with plain yogurt or any curry or some pickle
- Ready to Serve Enjoy !!!!!!!!
- Its a very basic pilaf recipe which can be made in 20 mins....
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!