Vanilla Bean Mascarpone CupcakesFrom Kuulei 2 years ago
- Cupcake Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 cups of cake flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 8 oz unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups of granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 of a vanilla pod shopping list
- 10 oz of buttermilk shopping list
- vanilla-Bean mascarpone Cream frosting (and filling) Ingredients: shopping list
- 8 oz good quality Italian mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream, chilled shopping list
- Powered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ of a vanilla pod shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Insert paper liners into muffin tins and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Cut butter into small cubes and put in bowl of an electric mixer. Beat for about 2-3 minute on mid-high speed or until the butter is lighter and creamy in texture. Scrape bowl the bowl and beat again for another minute or so.
- Add the sugar in three separate intervals, beating a minute after each addition. Scrape the bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is almost completely beaten before adding the next one.
- Reduce the mixer speed. Add the vanilla and ½ of the pod to the buttermilk and stir to incorporate.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk mixture. Mix only until just incorporated. Scrape the the bowl and mix for about 10 seconds.
- Fill cupcake lined muffin tin with batter and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes are lightly browned on top and toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes clean.
- Make the frosting:
- In medium bowl or food processor, beat room temperature mascarpone cheese until soft and creamy.
- In large bowl, beat chilled whipping cream. Add 1 cup of sifted powered sugar. Continue to add powered sugar to taste, being careful not to over beat cream. Carefully fold in vanilla extract and ½ of vanilla pod.
- Carefully, fold the whipping cream into the mascarpone cheese in three increments.
- Frosting can be chilled covered in refrigerator overnight, if necessary.
- Make the Cupcake Filling:
- Add flavor of choice to about 1 cup of frosting and mix. Scoop filling into a piping bag fitted with a #3 tip. Stick tip directly into cupcake and pipe a small amount of in center of cupcake.
- Finish cupcakes by piping a generous amount of frosting on top. Garnish as you wish.
The CookKuulei San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!