Vegan Apple Bread Pudding With Rum SauceFrom stormy_ide_girl 4 years ago
- For pudding: shopping list
- 6 cups cubed, stale bread shopping list
- 3 or 4 large apples, cored, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2- 2 1/4 cups non-dairy milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- For sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- a few drops of rum extract shopping list
- splash vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- For pudding:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 pan. Place cubed bread in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together ½ cup "milk" and the cornstarch till no lumps remain. Add 1½ cups "milk", maple syrup or agave nectar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk to combine. Pour over cubed bread and stir to coat every piece. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes for liquid to soak into bread. Depending on what kind of bread you use and how stale it is, add more "milk" (¼ cup at a time) and allow more soaking time till every piece of bread is saturated and there’s a little bit of extra liquid. Mixture should look mushy and wet. Fold in apples. Pour mixture into pan, patting down to make an even top.
- Bake 28-35 minutes till top is puffed, slightly browned and feels firm.
- For rum sauce:
- Beat the margarine until light and fluffy. Sift the confectioner’s sugar into the butter. Add the rum extract, vanilla, and nutmeg. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes. Spread over the pudding.
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!