Vegan Apple CrispFrom stormy_ide_girl 2 years ago
- Filling ingredients: shopping list
- 4 pounds (about 8 ) apples, peeled, cored, quartered and cut in 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- juice of 1/2 a lemon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (corn or potato starch would be an ok substitution) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- tiny pinch cloves (about 1/16 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- Topping Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1/3 cup all purpouse flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preaheat oven to 350. In a large bowl squeeze lemon juice over sliced apples. Add the arrow root and spices making sure all apples are coated. Move apple mixture to the baking dish and drizzle the maple syrup over it. Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the topping. Sift dry ingredients together, and in a seperate bowl, mix wet ingredients well. Fold wet into dry mixing with a fork as you go along, until well coated and crumbly.
- When apples are done baking, remove from oven and toss, then flatten them evenly with the back of a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apple mixture and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until top feels crispy.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!