Palak CornFrom sudha04 5 years ago
- 1 whole pack palak(spinach leaves) shopping list
- 11/2 cup frozen sweet corn shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 2 small tomatoes shopping list
- 2-3 pinch cinnamon-clove powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste shopping list
- 3-4 green chillies shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1/4 tsp tamarind extract(optional) shopping list
- 1-2 tsp butter(optional) shopping list
- 4 tsp oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Micowave corn with some water and salt for a minute. Drain the corn.
- Heat 4-5 cups of water in a large vessel. Add palak and green chillies and boil for 10 minutes. Drain palak and green chillies and save the water.
- Grind together onion and tomatoes with some saved water to form a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan add cinnamon-clove powder, fry for 4-5 seconds, add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add onion and tomato paste and heat for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time grind palak and green chillies with some saved water to form a paste.
- Now add the palak paste to the pan and heat for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add some saved water if the gravy is thick.
- Add corn and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and garam masala and heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add tamarind extract and mix well.
- Serve hot with butter on top.
The Cooksudha04 Sunnyvale, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!