Goodbye Turkey Casserole RevisedFrom ttaaccoo 5 years ago
- Cream Sauce shopping list
- 1 cup soy milk shopping list
- 1 T. butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 1/2 T flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup quinoa , washed shopping list
- broth, juice , water --which ever you choose to cook the quinoa shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus spears, cooked shopping list
- 2 cups turkey (or chicken) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheese combo( half parmesan, half soy mozzarella, grated) shopping list
- 3 T. chopped or slivered or sliced toasted almonds shopping list
- non-stick spray shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chile verde salsa (tomatillos) shopping list
- Heat half the milk and the butter. In a small saucepan, combine the other half of milk and the egg and flour and salt, and stir until smooth. Slowly add the heated liquid in a thin stream, whisking constantly . Bring to a slow simmer and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Adjust seasoning: I used garlic powder, onion powder , more salt. set aside. May be made a day ahead of assembly of the whole dish. shopping list
- refrigerate. shopping list
- quinoa, 1/3 cup dry. Rinsed under water. In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, I put 2/3 cup broth in with the grain. I microwaved it, and finally decided 50 % power did not make it bubble over like a volcano. Refrigerate if desired. shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2 quart shallow bowl, grease or spray it. Quinoa is the first layer.
- Sprinkle half the cheese combo over the grain. Next comes the asparagus (i would cut them in half or thirds next time), followed by the turkey. Now dollop the white sauce over all, and the last bit of the cheeses. On top of the cheese, the tomatillo salsa, Cover and slide this into a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until it is bubbly. Sprinkle the toasted almonds over all and serve.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!