Easy Lemon Meringue PieFrom circlemoon8 1 year ago
- 8 or 9 inch pie crust, cooked shopping list
- 1 small pack lemon jello shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 ice cubes shopping list
- ¾ cup boiling water shopping list
- ½ cup ice cold lemonade concentrate shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups lemon yogurt shopping list
- For the Meringue: shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the sugar and yogurt and set aside.
- Stir boiling water into the jello until it dissolves, then add the ice, stir in the lemonade concentrate and whisk in the yogurt using a wire whisk.
- Pour this liquid into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- For the meringue, put the egg whites and cream of tartar in a stand mixer bowl and beat with the whisk attachment until the egg whites are like soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar and keep beating until you have stiff peaks. This takes 1 or 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray an oven safe dish with non stick cooking spray and spread the meringue into it, sculpting it as you like. Bake for about 10 minutes until just the tops are brown, then slide the cooled meringue topping on to the lemon pie.
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!