Cream Of Mushroom SoupFrom circlemoon8 1 year ago
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned, quartered or sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp minced shallots shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp water shopping list
- Minced parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, coarsely chop mushrooms and lemon juice.
- Melt butter in (4-5 quart) sauce pan and lightly sauté shallots on medium heat. Add mushrooms, thyme and bay leaf, sauté over moderate heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid that is released from the mushrooms disappears.
- Add salt, pepper, cream and chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Correct seasoning and add more lemon juice to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with a little parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- circlemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔