Vegan Mac And CheeseFrom stormy_ide_girl 3 years ago
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup cashews shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers, drained shopping list
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Transfer to a medium baking dish.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until tender and lightly browned. Gently mix with the macaroni.
- In a blender or food processor, mix cashews, lemon juice, water, and salt. Gradually blend in canola oil, roasted red peppers, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and onion powder. Blend until smooth.
- Thoroughly mix with the macaroni and onions.Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!