Mexican Chocolate Icebox CookiesFrom rebeculous 3 years ago
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne + a pinch of black pepper shopping list
- 2 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 c butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/3 c powdered sugar (for coating cookies before baking) shopping list
- 60 candied cherry halves shopping list
How to make it
- Melt chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cayenne, pepper, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Beat in the chocolate and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Chill dough until firm.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar to coat; place on lightly greased cookie sheets an inch and a half apart.
- Press a candied cherry into the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 until cookies puff and crack but are still soft, about 10 minutes.
- Sometimes I like to use nuts or candied ginger in place of the cherries, but the cherries are very festive!
The Cookrebeculous Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!