Veggie Pasta BakeFrom danawitczak 4 years ago
- 1 small/medium eggplant, cubed shopping list
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1 inch or less squares shopping list
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 2 tbls minced garlic shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, finely cut shopping list
- 1/2 pound Ziti or penne pasta shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (optional) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil, and on medium heat cook the eggplant, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes and 1 tbls garlic until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another skillet, add olive oil (about 1/8 - 1/4 cup). Add chopped tomatoes, 1 tbls garlic and basil. Cook until the tomatoes are very soft then add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Add a little water if necessary. Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Remove the sauce from the stove.
- Combine the veggies, pasta and sauce and mix. Mix in 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese (optional). Move everything to a baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese (optional). Bake on high heat - about 425F for 20-25 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- danawitczak Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdanawitczak Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Not added to any groups yet!