Asian Pork And PeppersFrom oldinjun 3 years ago
- Robs Asian pork and pepper shopping list
- Serves 6-8 shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 3 lb of lean pork cut into bite size cubes shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil for frying shopping list
- 2 large onions cut into large chunks shopping list
- 8 cloves of garlic chopped fine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of fresh root ginger chopped fine shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of tomato puree shopping list
- 16 fl oz of low sodium chicken stock shopping list
- 3 cups of pineapple chopped into chunks. If you have, fresh pineapples use that. shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce shopping list
- 1 red pepper seeds removed and sliced shopping list
- 1 yellow pepper seeds removed and sliced shopping list
- 2 green pepper seeds removed and sliced shopping list
- 4 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 10 green onions washed and sliced to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Toss the pork in the flour inside a plastic bag
- Put half the oil in a frying pan, heat and fry the onion garlic and ginger on a medium heat.
- Watch that the garlic does not burn for about 5 minutes.
- Put these into the ovenproof casserole dish. I use Le Creuset #28 pot (approx. 7 quart).
- Add more oil to the frying pan and fry the pork until it is brown on all sides add to the casserole dish.
- Add all the other ingredients to the casserole dish and stir well.
- Add the stock. The stock should come to the surface of the casserole ingredients. If it seems a bit dry, add a spot more stock.
- I cover the top of the casserole with foil and put on the lid.
- Cook for 2 1/2 hours at 350 F.
- Salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with new potatoes, over mashed potatoes or over rice. Enjoy.
The Cookoldinjun Pembroke Pines, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!