Green Chile White ChiliFrom amysf 2 years ago
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast, cubed shopping list
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 large white onion, diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 4 roasted green chiles, peeled, seeded and diced shopping list
- 3 cans great northern beans, drained shopping list
- 28 oz. chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- Toppings/Sides: monterey jack cheese, sour cream/Greek yogurt, avocado slices, tortilla chips, cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a deep sauté pan.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, celery, and green chiles together.
- When onions and celery are soft, add the chicken and sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour in the beans and the broth. Bring the contents to boil and season to taste with salt and pepper and add the rest of the seasonings.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 minutes until the liquid thickens to desired consistency.
- Top with any desired toppings and serve tortilla chips with the chili.